Friday, October 29, 2010

Drive-by Blog Post

Okay, so maybe I've been a slacker of late.  I have decided to start posting recipes in five minutes or less, recipes that either I know by heart, or have so few ingredients that I can crank out a blog post in, yep, you guessed it, five minutes or less.
So the inspiration for this post:  I read an article this summer that stated if you have four things you do well, you can convince anyone you are SuperMom or something like that.  Well, so far, I can only think of one thing I do well, and that is find ways to avoid doing housework and, apparently, blog posts.  I'll let you know if I ever figure out the other three!   Oh, wait, I just thought of another:  I have an arsenal of super-quick, super-delicious salads that can go with just about any main course and are perfect for pot-lucks, impromptu meals with friends, or just those "oh, I should have made a salad" moments in life.
Today's yummy, easy, you-should-always-have-this-stuff-on-hand recipe:


Cranberry Feta Salad
1 cup Dried Cranberries
3/4 cup LIGHTLY toasted walnuts, chopped
3/4 Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 head  Romaine Lettuce, chopped
Your favorite Poppyseed Dressing (I prefer Brianna's)
Put your clean, dry, chopped Romaine lettuce into a pretty salad bowl.  (Glass is best, because this one is pretty to serve.)  Sprinkle the feta cheese over the top.  Sprinkle the walnuts over that.  Sprinkle the cranberries over all of it.  Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.  To serve:  Use about a half-bottle of dressing to begin (though you might want to add more to taste), and toss the salad to disperse the dressing and toppings throughout the greens.  Very delish!


This salad is soooo incredibly nommy, that I feel guilty taking all the credit, so I am going to give a shout-out to one of my awesome peeps:  The stylish, beautiful, and great cook, Aimee Carroll.  She brought this salad to one of our SeaFair parties in Seattle and I've been using this recipe ever since. (For those of you keeping count, that's going on about 12 years now!)  I've served this salad with ham, pork, chicken, fish and beef and it ALWAYS gets gobbled up and everyone asks for the recipe.  It travels well and you can always bring extra fixin's to make more on the spot if you need to.
I don't know what else to say.  I LOVE THIS SALAD!  Go try it RIGHT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment