Monday, October 12, 2009

What to do with beheaded roses...

My niece was married this weekend, and these beautiful roses were hanging on the end of every other pew:



My sister-in-law had asked me to pick up the flowers since the church didn't want them hanging around for Sunday services. At first, I thought I could use the roses to make arrangements for the post-wedding brunch we were hosting for the families of the bride and groom on Sunday, but then I realized that the sweet and lovely roses had been beheaded, Morticia Adams-style. (The following was one of the longer stems!)




Luckily, there were plenty of arrangements from the reception. So, I thought about it, and decided to bring them all the way back to NC and float those babies in my cool new bowl I bought at the Vietri warehouse sale last week. By the way, this bowl is about 18 inches wide, so you can imagine how many roses are floating in it.





Now, my dining room smells of these lovely roses... and soon so will almost every room of my house because I brought home 19 of these hanging arrangements. Come over to stop and smell the roses!
Too bad I am not having a brunch this week. Hmmm... anyone free next Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment